Saturday, February 16, 2008

Watchmen - by Alan Moore

This came to me highly recommended, and I finally got around to reading this highly ambitious work. It took me forever to finish, though. I liked it, but I didn't love it. It was an interesting novel, and the writing and the graphics were fine, but something just didn't stick. It didn't grab me like other graphic novels (Fables, Y: Last Man Standing, or Preacher) I've read did. I did find it interesting, though, how, twenty years later, the social commentaries and ever-present "World War 3" is still quite prevalent today.

My favorite line from Rorsharch: "We do not do this thing because it is permitted. We do it because we have to. We do it because we are compelled."

Finished: 1/21/08
Pages: 416
Running page count: 2,016

No comments:

Post a Comment