Saturday, August 17, 2013

Summer "break"

Hello world (again). 

It's been a bit of a crazy summer, and I have been absent from most of my professional educational endeavors, both on twitter, and here, on my blog. 

I had big plans for this summer break, from flipping my classroom to reinventing my assessment strategies. 

And then a different break occurred - our sewer line. Again. 

It's amazing how life throws the curveballs at you, eh?

The long and short of it is that the house is functional and my family and I still love each other. 

I am now trying to ease back to my online resources, trying to contribute once again to this community I so value.  

For the record: my pops and I did ALL the labor required to fix the line, including digging a hole six-foot deep and busting out 1,000 lbs of concrete (only to put a new 1,000 lbs back in once the pipe was fixed). I'm still working on the "finishing" - I lost July. But, we saved thousands of dollars. 

My pops posing (eerie) 

The new connection (6 1/2 down).

The concrete step we demoed (and then refilled).

Can you imagine if this happened during the school year? Oy. 

Here's to getting back on track!

No comments:

Post a Comment